||A North Carolina 501C3 Educational Nonprofit Archive Documenting, Preserving, and Promoting Residential Modernist Architecture|
Enjoy browsing, but unless otherwise noted, these houses are private property and closed to the public -- so don't go tromping around uninvited.
CHARLES WEARN CONNELLY, AIA (1906-1967)
Connelly graduated from NCSU with a BS in Architectural Engineering in 1929. He was a detailer for Southern Engineering Company from 1930-31 and worked for Newport News Shipbuilding from 1931-1932. Starting in 1934, he opened his own design firm in Charlotte. Later he partnered with others to form Connelly, Winecoff, and Cooley. Projects include the Gastonia Country Club, Sardis Presbyterian Church, South Mecklenberg High School, and the Charlotte Observer Transportation Company.
We don't know much about Charles Connelly or his houses, please send any information.
1937 - The L.H. Harris House
1956 - The Parrot House
1952 - The Frederic (Fred) L. Marietta M. Smyre Jr. House,
1101 Robinwood Road,
1953 - The George and Eleanor Sinnicks House,
3524 Seward Place, Charlotte.
1954 - The John T. Bayne Residence, 3763 Wendwood, Charlotte. Destroyed around 2006.