J. FREDRICK (FRED) STEWART(1951-)
Stewart grew up in Winston-Salem and graduated from North Forsyth HS in 1970. He went to the NCSU School of Design, graduating in 1975, and attended Boston Architectural Center. Prior to starting Fredrick Stewart Architecture in 1987, he worked for architects and interior designers in San Diego, Boston, and New York and with Hager Smith Huffman in Raleigh. In 2000, he moved from Raleigh to a farm in Orange County NC.
1991 - The Kim Schweibinz House, 13725 New Light Road, Raleigh. Sold in 2016 to Amy S. and Nathan Metcalf.
. Built by Greg Paul Builders of Raleigh. Photos by Bryan Hoffman.
2003 - The Fred Stewart/Holcomb Residence, aka Redbud, 7207 Harmony Church Road, Efland NC. There are additional buildings on this 60-acre farm, including restoration of an 1896 farmhouse.
2011 - The Royce/Farrelly House, aka Nathaniel Rochester Renovation and Addition, 225 W. King Street, Hillsborough NC. This was the first contemporary addition to a 1785 historic house approved by the Historic District Commission.
2011 - The Culp House Addition, 210 South Hillsborough Avenue, Hillsborough NC. 540sf modern addition to a 1913 house; a cantilevered box with a 28' glass door facing the garden.
2013 - The Leikin-Collins Renovation, East Union Street, Hillsborough NC. 400sf contemporary addition to a 1910 Arts and Craft bungalow.
2015 - The Petropolous Renovation, Ridge Road, Raleigh NC. Renovation and addition to a 1960 house.
2016 - aka Coon Rock Farm House, Dimmocks Mill Road, Hillsborough NC. 1240sf contemporary addition to a farmhouse. Photos by Greg Stewart.
2017 - aka Cwn Annwn, Hudson Valley, Columbia County NY. 3700sf on 40 acres.
840sf contemporary addition to 1910 Arts and Crafts bungalow. Photos by Dustin Peck.
Sources include: Fred Stewart.